Friday, 15 March 2013

SHOWstudio x Design Download

I've slowly been getting back into doing creative things, so when I saw this SHOWstudio brief, I thought I may as well go for it. To me, Giles' dress is the perfect mix of old and new, so I decided to go a little space age/holographic with the fabric.

Turns out, this fabric was my worst nightmare. I spent my time half laying on the floor in fetal position and the other half screaming, "Give me cotton or give me death!" I hope that gives you a nice mental image.

Anyway, onto the photos.

 
The liquid metal effect 

 An iPhone ad from da future
  Slathering one's face in foundation is the way forward.

Initially, I tried to make a matching veil - but it just looked like I went to a fancy dress party as the tacky Tudor nun from the future. I think the tiered metal and plastic collar worked a lot better in the end. I hope.

It may not have turned out perfect, but I think the learning process (no matter how frustrating) was really good for me. Thanks SHOWstudio and Giles Deacon! What a great concept it is to be able to download patterns from such amazing designers.

Mari x

PS Keep a look out for the website and release (finally) for my womenswear collaboration (with Daniel Swan and Jack Latham) coming soon! The fabrics prints are of sexy YouTube mashups. Because nothing says floral like a guy eating lunch mixed with a hurricane. Here's a sneak peek:






4 comments:

casper+pearl said...

gorgeous style, adoring your blog miss!
would love to see you wearing casper&pearl one day!

lots of love from the c&p girls,
casper&pearl blog
xx

casper+pearl said...

gorgeous style, adoring your blog miss!
would love to see you wearing casper&pearl one day!

lots of love from the c&p girls,
casper&pearl blog
xx

mari said...

Thank you very much - Love Casper & Pearl, very beautiful pieces! Would love to wear a one someday! x

Logical Heating & Plumbing Solutions said...

LHPS Plumbing - boiler repair bromley are the experts to name for a wide range of home and commercial plumbing services to Croydon and the surrounding area, including CCTV drain inspections, installation of rainwater tanks, blocked drains and fuel service repairs. In case you are trying to discover a plumber from a good plumbing firm in an emergency, you will be glad to know that we now have a 24 hr plumbing staff for emergency plumbing services in Croydon, defending plumber croydon the complete of the Croydon Borough and surrounding areas.