Sunday 3 October 2010

Halloween

This post is dedicated to the lovely Michelle Elaine at Fvncy. ;)

Halloween is my favourite. Since it's October, I've decided to chronicle all my Halloween costumes since 2003 in one image-heavy post.

2003:



Ah, Gogo Yubari and my terrible oily bangs. This was when I thought turning photos BW and upping the contrast made me cool and artsy. Philip went as a giant tampon and this is the before photo.

2004:

I'm not sure - some type of one handed zombie bride with bad socks, who stole Julian Casbablancas' jacket.

2005:





The following year, Phil stole my costume. Him and Rene were the corpse bride and groom. I was some sort of broken-hearted, decapitated then revived, gothic elf who enjoys late night dinners at Wendy's.

2006:





Lots of recycling going on here again as Phil's used last years mask to create quite possibly the worstgreatest Darth Maul costume I have ever seen. I used toilet roll and duct tape to create the blaster of my ultimate ~style icon~ Princess Leia. Rene was the same guy from last year but with a gun. Just kidding, I think he was someone from Battle Royale.

2008:

Diy'd again. I think this costume cost less than 5 quid to make. I wore false eyelashes cos my 15 year old asian boy non-makeup face creeped me out.

2009:

Last Halloween, I had a wedding to attend, so didn't plan much of a costume. I made this out of a tea towel, a pair of tights and some underwear, how resourcefully gross. I did go to a Halloween party afterwards, but it turned out to be quite a small gathering of people I didn't really know at the time, and no one was really wearing costumes, and I didn't really want to be the elephant in the room. HAr. When I posted this as my facebook profile picture, someone thought I was wearing a breathing apparatus.

This Halloween, I'm not really sure what I want to be. I really wanted to go to Disneyland Paris because apparently they've got the most wonderful Halloween theme going on, but a trip on the Eurostar doesn't really look likely because it costs loads and loads.

What's everyone going as this Halloween?

Mari x

4 comments:

Katy said...

Hi Mari! Happy Halloween! My favourite is when you dress up like Princess Leia.:) you look so cute in it!!!:)
xoxo,
katy

Unknown said...

Muahahaha! I love it all!! I wish you had a better shot of the elephant costume :) I think my fave one is the waynes world!! maybe i should do that with my boyfriend? but he totally wants to go as the bank robbers from the town. i think he just really want to hold a gun and dress up as a nun... haha

KeepItFvncy,
M.E.

Judy said...

I love your Princess Leia costume- you look adorable! And the elephant on is cute too.

I'm planning to dress up as Cleopatra this year :)

Nav said...

Ohh i love Halloween, really wish i could celebrate it in North America though, you're right, it's just not as much of a big deal here!

You look amazing as Princess Leia but those Wayne and Garth outfits are priceless! Great idea!

Unfortunately I think i might be working this halloween, which sucks! :(

xxx